Senior Leadership Montgomery
About the Program
Senior Leadership Montgomery (SLM) is a seven month, innovative, groundbreaking program for mature adults with diverse backgrounds. Senior Leadership Montgomery will educate you, inspire you and motivate you. Nowhere else can you learn as much about Montgomery County as quickly or as thoroughly. You’ll be surrounded by participants who are just like you--and also totally unlike you. Program days are very well organized and wide open to your individual interests and questions. Best of all, Senior Leadership Montgomery will lead you to new friendships and volunteer opportunities in the County where you live and/or work. SLM sticks to your ribs. It’s engrossing, it’s fun and it’s full of purpose.
How Individuals Benefit
- Become recognized as a respected member of the community
- Develop close and lasting friendships with Past, Present and Future Leaders in the County
- Limitless opportunities to network with 2,000 LM & SLM Graduates
Who Should Apply
The SLM program is designed for Montgomery County residents who are involved and are making a positive impact and ready to define their third age in ways to include meaningful civic engagement. Ideal candidates:
- Are 55 and older
- Have a demonstrated history of community involvement
- Are willing and able to commit the necessary time to complete the program
- 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Wednesdays (see dates below)
- Participation in a community involvement project during the course of the program year
Program Session Dates
- September 3, 2014
- October 8, 2014
- November 12, 2014
- December 10, 2014
- February 11, 2015
- March 11, 2015
- April 8, 2015
Tuition is $750, which covers all program costs. Tuition for a couple is $1,200. If your tuition is paid by a sponsoring business or organization, you must pay $75 to demonstrate your commitment. Payment plans and a limited number of scholarships will be available for qualified applicants. See the scholarship section of the application for more information.
How to Apply
Applications for the Senior Leadership Montgomery Class of 2015 are now available. Click HERE . Application deadline is Friday, April 25.
For more information, contact (301) 881-3333 to talk to Program Director Kati Gimes.
Please enter your name and email address if you would like to receive information about the next Senior Leadership Montgomery class.